We are building a new team within the Microsoft Azure Machine Learning group at Microsoft. Our mission is to make advanced analytics accessible to every enterprise, data scientist, developer, information worker, consumer, and device anywhere in the world.
We are looking for talented software engineers who are passionate about designing and building highly available and low latency web services to transform big data into insights. You’ll have an opportunity to work on a plethora of cutting edge technologies such as IPython Notebook, Docker, and Hadoop. Come and join us as a founding member!
Development Environment: Linux, MacOS, Docker, git.
Financial Aid Sponsor
Caktus Consulting Group
Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Take full ownership of product features from inception to release, working alongside our product team to fulfill business needs
- Craft simple yet elegant solutions that customers love while continuously challenging the status quo
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our technology stack, patterns, and processes
- Be automation-minded, with a focus on automated testing and the maintenance of a healthy, continuous integration pipeline
- Mentor fellow engineers and help them grow
Continuum Analytics, Inc.
Bank of America
- Data Systems Engineer - San Francisco
- DevOps Engineer - San Francisco
- Enterprise Account Executive - San Francisco
- Product Engineer - San Francisco
- Senior Software Engineer - San Francisco
HipChat with Atlassian
- Minimum 3 years' software development experience (seriously: minimum)
- Excellent computer fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, etc.)
- Serious Python development skills
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience building and debugging software on multiple platforms
- Able to independently research problems and present solutions to the team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A passion for technology tempered by a level-headed approach to problem solving
- Mozilla experience (XUL, XBL, Add-ons)
- Experience building desktop and user interface applications
- Experience building and debugging software Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
- Comfortable with version control software, especially Subversion
- Other programming language experience (Go, Node.js, Ruby, PHP, Perl, etc.)
- Love working with API’s and getting things to work together.
- Have experience with oAuth, and using it to connect to systems.
- Love collaborating on system design and execution in a tight feedback loop with customers and product and business teams.
- Love challenges and problem-solving, and value the ability to get things done quicker than others while maintaining quality.
- Have above-average Python and MongoDB skills (actually way better than above-average but you are too reserved to brag about it).
- A collaborative and transparent work environment (no really – we mean it!)
- The satisfaction that comes with turning out product that is used immediately by 1000’s of users around the world, at diverse organizations including some of the best known software brands in their own right.
- The challenge to work on solving very hard problems that result in delivering a product that delights customers.
- The ability and freedom to grow and achieve personal development stretch targets in an innovation fostering environment.
- A competitive compensation package made up the mix of salary and equity that best matches your goals and situation.